Orientation Advisor: (noun)
1.) A student who guides and mentors first year students through Orientation
Abbreviated – OA
Plural - OAs
An OA is a:
1.) Student leader
2.) Friendly face
3.) Peer mentor
7.) Contact for community
10.) Role model
Benefits of Becoming an OA:
1.) Serve CUA
2.) Build friendships
3.) Welcome new students
4.) Develop connections and skills
5.) Inspire others
6.) Develop leadership skills
7.) Learn how to work as a team
8.) Grow in your independence
Requirements of an OA:
1.) Undergraduate student
2.) Team player
3.) Open minded
5.) In good academic and judical standing with the University
6.) Maintain a cumulative GPA of at least a 2.25
Applications will be available for all undergraduate students on Monday, January 13th. Applications are due on February 10th by 12:00 p.m. For all other dates please see the timeline below.
If you have any questions, please email Rebeckah Hansen (email@example.com) or Seth Tavera (firstname.lastname@example.org), Orientation 2014 Student Coordinators.
Prospective Orientation Advisor?
- January 13th: OA application available
- February 10th: OA applications due by 12:00 p.m.
- February 10th-21st: Interviews take place
- February 11th: Group Processing, 7 p.m., Great Room C
- February 12th: Group Processing, 7 p.m., Great Room A
- February 28th: Notification letters available for pick-up in OCA (Pryzbyla 125) after 12:00 p.m.